Friday, May 2, 2008

Milestones

This past weekend, our pastor did a short video and in it showed a pile of river rocks, representing the milestones in our lives. It struck a chord with me and lead me to be creative with my Women's Home Team this week. We took small stones and wrote on them different milestones in our life...blessings and trials.

Here are a few of the milestones in my life:

1971 Salvation
1971 Baptism
1973 Met Art
1977 Female health issues began

1979 Married Art
1981 Stacey was born

1982 Sherry was born
1983 Hysterectomy which lead to depression
1988 Missionary work
1994 - 2000 Youth Ministry
2000 Jeff & Stacey were married
2001 Joined Palm Valley Church
2001, 2004, 2008 Grandsons were born
2002 Became a Realtor
2004 Sherry's Illness (she went missing for 5 months)
2007 Women's Home Team started
2007 Breast Cancer

These stones gradually shaped me and lead me toward the purpose God had planned for me. I was meant to be this person at this time for His plan and purpose!

In trials remember 2 Corinthians 4:17-18 "For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal!"

In blessings remember Psalm 107:1 "Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good, His love endures forever!"

We each gathered up our milestones and placed them in a glass jar and set a small candle on top. As a reminder that Jesus is our light and His light should shine through us in blessings and in trials.



Let your light shine!



6 comments:

Julie said...

That is the coolest idea ever!

Stacey said...

I loved it and was so excited to come home and show Jeff. He thought it was a great way to remember what has shaped me in life... good and bad. What a wonderful night of sharing together what God has done for each of us!

Donna Rae said...

Stacey found my blog I am guessing through Shawnies. As I read through her blog I found yours. I Think about you and Art often. You know that you two will always have a special place in my heart. As I read through your blog I was saddened by all that you have been through the past several months. I started reading from the beginning of your diagnosis to your most current post. It does not suprise me how you have pulled through this. You are a very strong woman. You have an amazing husband and a great support system with your family. It was so weird to see how the kids have grown. It honestly makes me feel a little old. I am going to continue to follow your blog. You are an amazing lady!!

Sherry said...

That was so awesome! I think it was a great way to put your life together and see how things work out. You may never know why you go threw something and some times it hits you later and you think thanks for the expirence to help this person going threw this now. Thanks Mom!

OneHappyfamily said...

So stinkin' good to chat with you and and the man the other night. It was funny, cause I told Tim before we got there "okay it is a school night so let's try to keep it short." He looked at me and said "yeah right we haven't seen them in like a gazillon years. And even he we saw them last week, you two wouldn't be able to keep it short. Get real! Time has been against us, but it felt like we had not skipped a beat. Love you girly!

Beth said...

That Was the BEST Home Team ever.For me, I know beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Jesus is my Lord and Savior. April 30, 2008. Thank you to all of my Home Team Chicks for listening and caring. I shared my milestones with Rick and he had tears in his eyes with my latest milestone.