Thursday, September 18, 2008

Overcome with Emotions




Lately, it seems like I get emotional over the littlest things! Maybe it's the fact that I'm nearing the one year mark since I was diagnosed with BC. I don't know! Maybe it's hormones...I think I still have a few of those running around in my body! Maybe it's the frustration from the nagging headaches I seem to have everyday, lately. Perhaps, it's all the talk and planning for the Race for the Cure, next month. Maybe it's a combination of everything!!




I'm so excited that I have 19 family and friends on my team, Pink Ribbon Passion! So far, we've raised about $1335 in donations!! My 7 year old grandson signed up last night to be a part of the team and he's taking it very seriously. This little guy has had both of his grandmas touched by this horrible disease. His Grandma Peggie was a long time friend of mine and she entered heaven's gates a few short weeks after my diagnosis. So he knows more than most little boys, his age, about the seriousness of breast cancer.
He is one reason why I'm determined to fight this battle...and win!

4 comments:

Russell Fam. said...

He seems like a real sweetheart!!!!

Stacey said...

I'm proud of him for taking it so seriously! He is determined to meet his goal of $100 for the race. I think he has already beat me as far as support goes. He's so excited!

Kathleen said...

What a powerful prescription for health: the love of a grandmother for her grandson, and vice versa.

God bless both of you!

Kathleen

Penny said...

You Rock, Susie!