Friday, September 5, 2008

Pink Ribbon Passion ~ Race for the Cure ~ Deadline, September 17th!!

It's hard to believe that next month will mark one year since I was diagnosed with BC!! The past year has been full of challenges and blessings! Not a day goes by that I don't think about having BC and how thankful I am to be here today!

Next month is also National Breast Care Awareness Month and my daughter's and I will be walking in the Komen Race for the Cure, on October 12! I'm currently raising funds towards my personal goal of $500 in donations. If you are interested in supporting this cause, please go to my webpage, where you can make a tax deductible donation of any amount. Remember, no amount is too small and if we all work together, we can make a huge difference!

Did you know that…

• Breast Cancer accounts for more than 1 in 4 cancers diagnosed in women in the U.S.?

• Breast cancer is the leading cause of cancer death among Hispanic women?

• White women will have the highest incidence rates of breast cancer, but African-American women will have the highest mortality rates?

• An estimated 2,800 women in Arizona will be diagnosed with breast cancer this year?

• 600 women in Arizona will die of breast cancer this year?

Last year, I became one of the statistics!
Last year, my son-in-laws mother and my dear friend, lost her battle against BC!

I must do my part to fight this disease and support the efforts to find a cure!

If you are interested in becoming a part of the "Pink Ribbon Passion" team and participating in this event, please visit my team website to sign up. You must register by September 17th if you want to be a part of the team!!

To make a tax deductible donation towards my personal goal, please visit my personal webpage or click on the link in the upper left-hand of this website.

Thank you for your love and support!

3 comments:

Penny said...

Susie, I'm considering walking with you and the girls. I'll let you know...

OneHappyfamily said...

I am going to see if I can back out of the other and do this will you guys instead. I would be doing the other alone which is fine. It is what I intended to do. But... it would be fun to go with you and the girls. I will check into it. Love ya.

Stacey said...

C'mon people, start pledging already. We need your support!!