Sunday, September 14, 2008

Time is Running Out

If you're interested in walking with me, my family, and friends for the Susan G. Komen, Race for the Cure, on Sunday, October 12, you must sign up soon! The deadline to add team members is this Wednesday, September 17 (there is no team registration after the 17th or on race day)! The cost is $25 to register for the walk ($15 for kids 12 and under) and that includes a commemorative t-shirt to wear on race day. You will also have your own webpage where you can receive donations towards our team goal!

Last year, 37,000 participants enjoyed the Phoenix Race and raised over $1.9 million to help us meet our vision of a world without breast cancer. Join me and the thousands of people who will gather in Phoenix in the State Capitol District to take part in this 16th Annual charity event! Go to our team page and click on "join our team".

I signed up to do the 5k walk which is about 3.5 miles. If you are unable to participate, you can show your support by making an online donation at the Race for the Cure site which will help me reach my fundraising goal!

Thank you!

About Komen:
Since 1993, the Affiliate has raised over $13 million to fight breast cancer for research and the local STEP grant program (Screening, Treatment and Education Program). Up to 75% of all monies raised stays within our local community, and 25% funds the Komen Award and Research Grant Program. Read more...

4 comments:

Julie said...

I would totally be there but we are going to be in Arkansas during that time. I'm bummed.

Unknown said...

I'm so excited to see how much more we can raise! It's only one day out of your time people... c'mon, won't you come walk with us or support us to reach the goal?

Stacey said...

Ugh... signed in as Jeff again!!

Beth said...

Rick,Olivia and I can't wait to walk to support you and a Breast Cancer Cure. Thanks Again!!!!:o)