Thursday, October 2, 2008

One Year Ago Today

It's hard to believe that one year ago today, I was diagnosed with breast cancer! What an incredible year it has been with surgeries, chemo, treatments, etc. Never before have I felt God's presence in my life, experienced the support of family and friends, the way I have during this journey!

Recently, during our women's home team (bible study), I was listening to Beth Moore talk about the presence of God. She referred to the story of Moses and how he was faced with going on with so much but without the presence of God and he refused to move forward unless he knew God's presence would be with him. My eyes filled with tears as I thought to myself, I would rather have cancer and know the presence of God than to have perfect health without His presence. I shared that with my friends that night and I've thought about it nearly every day since that night. It was a powerful moment in my life as I verbalized those feelings. I mean them with all my heart!!

Looking back, there have been some treasured moments in my life during this year. Blessings I may not have known without traveling down this path.

Some of those special blessings were: 1) Being loved and cared for by my family, like never before! 2) Having friends pray over me - women who had never prayed out loud before! 3) Sharing my journey and hope in Christ with so many! 4) Receiving so many hugs, words of encouragement, and tokens of love! 5) Seeing God provide for our every need - more than I could have hoped or imagined!

God is able to do far more than we could ever ask for or imagine. He does everything by his power that is working in us. ~Ephesians 3:20

7 comments:

Penny said...

Amen, sister.

OneHappyfamily said...

I remember when I hot the enmail from you telling me you had been diagnosed with breast cancer. It took my breath away to know what you would be facing. You have handled it with such grace. A confidence in knowing that He knows your future that has things handled no matter the outcome. I am so glad I will be able to walk with you next week. It will be a memorable day. I will see you on Sunday. Do you want me to bring a dessert? Let me know. Love ya.

laura hill said...

God is so good! Have you realized that you are a living, breathing answer to prayer? Isn't that so cool?!! hugs.

Beth said...

You have been through so much, yet you have touched MY life. I thank God that through you I have been truly BLESSED. Thank you for the past year of friendship and I look forward to many more in the future. I can't wait to walk with our team on Sunday.
GO PINK RIBBON PASSION!

Kathleen said...

What an inspiration you are! Your testimony is such a hopeful one for anyone struggling through a life-challenge.

God bless you with much, much energy. Those grandsons will surely keep you young!

Kathleen

Stacey said...

It's amazing that it's been one whole year! I feel like life during that time was such a blur for all of us. I was so tired, stressed and just play exhausted that I don't feel I did enough for you! I'm glad that things have finally slowed down somewhat and I can help more!

I love you Mom and truly feel blessed for each day I have with you!

Sherry said...

I can't believe that it has been a year. When you said that they other day I thought holy cow. It seems like everythnig went so fast. But like you said so slow at some times. I am so glad that you are here with us and that we can love on you. And just think no more going to the doctor for fill ups. I know it has been hard I can't emagine what it has been like for you. I am just glad that you are here and I was here to help you out. I love you! You are a blessing to us all!