Saturday, October 4, 2008

Race for the Cure

Yesterday, Sherry and I went to Paradise Valley and picked up the shirts for the 19 members of Pink Ribbon Passion!! So far, our team has raised a little over $2000 for the cause. I have been asked about the Susan G. Komen organization and some of the things that they stand for, so for the record let me say, as a christian, I do not support all of their ideas or views. However, they have been instrumental in raising the awareness of breast cancer and have done a lot in our community with their efforts. I am one of those fortunate women who found her breast cancer in it's early stage, which may save my life. Honestly, without all of the community awareness and talk about checking yourself, perhaps I would not have found mine when I did. I don't know. In comparison, I don't appreciate all the items my local grocery store sells and supports, however, I do need their services to provide food for my family and I continue to shop there.

I can appreciate the differing views and if you feel strongly about it, then certainly you should not be involved in it and I completely respect your choice. For myself, being dramatically effected by this horrible disease, I will stand behind those who raise awareness regarding breast cancer and support finding a cure. I hope you can respect my position, as well.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Looking forward to the race with you! Maybe we'll even make it on TV with channel 12 news :o)

Donna Rae said...

Wow Suz your hair is growing in nicely. I swear you look just like you did when I was a Jr higher. I think it is awsome that you have so many people walking with you. I have several friends that have done it before and they said it was one of the best experiences that they have ever had.