Friday, January 25, 2008

Praise You In This Storm!

The week after chemo has proven to be a challenge each time. The first few days aren't too bad and then I have several days of not feeling so good. I'm just ending that week, which found me back at the doc with nasty side effects from the chemo, more lab work and medication. On top of that, it appears that I have an issue that is going to require another outpatient surgery! Ugh...I'm sure you can imagine that I wasn't thrilled when I heard that news!

My friend, Beth, gave me a CD recently, that included one of my favorite songs, Praise You In This Storm by Casting Crowns. This week, that song has played over and over in my head. The nurse already called to try and schedule me for surgery. When I told Art my frustration, he broke out in the chorus of this same song! It's awesome how God blesses us with music to encourage and lift our spirits.

My goal is to continue to lift my hands and praise Him in this storm and I'm reminded that every tear I cry, He holds in His hands and He never leaves my side! (Words from the song...you can listen at the above link.)

I lift my eyes up to the hills, where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, Maker of heaven and earth! ~Psalm 121:1-2

7 comments:

OneHappyfamily said...

Hang in there, it is almost over. We need to do lunch or dinner together, before you are running full speed ahead again with work. Let me know what works for you. You can send me an email. Hugs.

luvgod2 said...

I love that song! It helps me to keep praising Him even through the tough times. It reminds me to remember to see all the blessings He has given to me in my life and to not worry about the "waves" that seem to be crashing around. Praise you Lord!

Beth said...

Susie,
Check out When the Rain comes by Third Day, it will bless you too. You are almost at the end of the race, you can see the finish line up ahead and we're cheering you on.
We love you Susie!

Keep Singing

Stacey said...

I'm sorry it's been so tough on you the last few months. You've been so strong and courageous though. Hang in there and know that you have people all over the world praying for you!!

Sherry said...

I can't imagine your frustration. I am here praying for you. And you can't hide from me cause I live with ya!!

juliesnyder said...

Hello, I'm playing catchup! Been praying for you but not keeping in touch. You truly are an inspiration and I have no doubt God'll use this in an amazing way to touch so many lives. I'm amazed, but shouldn't be after all the years I've watched you be Stong, Encouraged, Always helping others, and positive even in the most difficult situations God's allowed you to go thru. I'm loving & praying for you. Julie

Susie said...

Julie,
So good to hear from you! I pray that you and Mark are settled in to your new surroundings! Thanks for stopping by and I hope to hear more from you!
Love ya!