Sunday, January 13, 2008

A New Recipe

All this "down time" has found me watching more TV shows than ever before. Normally I don't watch much TV, other than my favorite, Law & Order, and a good movie now and then. Lately, I've had way too much time to flip channels and get familiar with what's on TV. One of the things I have enjoyed is watching cooking shows. So, I decided if I'm going to watch them, I should try out some of the recipes. I got a "thumbs up" from the big guy on this one!

I get so tired of fixing the same old stuff! So if you're like me and you're looking for a new recipe, you should give this one a try...White Bean Chicken Chili. I love a good soup (or chili) on a cold evening and this one is a winner! It's a bit spicy, so beware and you might want to lighten up on the spices if you're not a huge fan of hot and spicy things or if you have little kids. It's super easy to prepare (especially if you buy a rotisserie chicken) and very filling! I used more chicken broth than it called for but I think I used more chicken, too (the big guy loves meat). You might want to experiment and see what you like.

Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

5 comments:

Stacey said...

I have to say that it was a very good chili. I got to try left overs for lunch the next day. I'm going to make it at my house now!!

Sherry said...

I loved it! I think that it is a do over soon!! Plus I like how we all pitch in to make dinner together. It is fun!

OneHappyfamily said...

Oh yeah this is some good eats. I had a friend turn me on to this about 4 years ago. I make it at least once a month. We add pepper jack cheese, diced red onion, and cilantro to each serving. Tim and I like cornbread so we make a small serving of the mexican kind and crumble it also. Yummo!

luvgod2 said...

Hi Miss Susie,
I've just been thinking about you and thought I would drop you a "comment!" That chili sounds delicious! I'll have to try it when I get into one of my Betty Crocker moments:) I pray you are feeling well and that your strength is increasing daily!
In Him,
Kim

Theresa said...

Sounds good as I'm sitting here eating some Texas Hearty Chili! :) I copied it down, it sounds like it's going to be a hit too!