Thursday, January 3, 2008

Strange Stuff

This chemo is strange stuff! In fact, if I stop and think about it too much, I'll probably get freaked out about it! Seriously, if it's potent enough to make my hair fall out...what else is it doing? I know, that's what it's supposed to do in order to kill off any cancerous cells that could be rapidly dividing in my body...still it's strange to think about!

Did I mention falling flat of my back in JC Penney's? Yep, I tried to squat down for something and just kept on going. Are you getting visuals? It was funny! I hope no one saw me! Stacey was around the corner and didn't see me and Sherry was in a different store. It was quite comical as they scolded each other for "not watching mom"! Then when they told Art, he said the same thing! Like I'm a kid that needs to be watched! They are way too protective!

The past couple of days found me in the "chemo fog", feeling pretty sick to my stomach and with mouth sores. It kind of caught me off guard because I had done so good the first couple of days...then WHAM!
I slept most of New Years day, but I guess that's what my body needed. Sometimes, it's hard not to get discouraged and yesterday was one of those days! I'm thankful that my hubby is sensitive and gave me a little pep talk.

I keep reminding myself how fortunate I am. The outcome of my breast cancer could have been so much worse. Since my diagnosis, I've met people and read stories of others who were not so fortunate. God's hand was on me and I know it and I'm so thankful!! I just get impatient when I think of all the things I could be doing. I know...there will be plenty of time. God's timing is perfect!!

Today I'm feeling better. I saw the plastic surgeon and finally got the rest of the stitches out this afternoon! I still can't believe he could leave them in for 2 months!

3 comments:

Stacey said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better. What a journey this has been. It's been amazing to watch you take each step. I'm not sure there are many other women out there that could have had such a great attitude through it all. Hang in there... we're praying for you!

luvgod2 said...

Hi Blogging Sista'
Thank you so much for your comment on my blog - I thought I was still in "hiding" and when I went to it the other day "wham" I had a couple comments! Totally, made my day:) I love Isaiah 40:29-31 - He gives strength to those who are tired and more power to those who are weak. Even children become tired and need to rest, and young people trip and fall. But the people who trust the Lord will become strong again! They will rise up as an eagle in the sky; they will run and not need rest; they will walk and not become tired. I'm praying for you and thiking about you!
In Him
Kim

Sherry said...

I read this verse this morning and I thought that it was pretty cool. I think that it is very true. I hope that you find it encouraging. I like how it says he is our Mountain Guide. I love ya!!

Psalms 31:3-5
You're my cave to hide in,
my cliff to climb.
Be my safe leader,
be my true mountain guide.
Free me from hidden traps;
I want to hide in you.
I've put my life in your hands.
You won't drop me,
you'll never let me down.