Saturday, February 9, 2008

Chemo Completed!!

Praise the Lord, my chemo is behind me now!! Can you believe it?

I had a few moments of concern when they made me see the PA before they would administer the chemo Thursday. I had developed a cough & slight cold but they decided to start me on some antibiotics and then go ahead with the chemo, since my blood counts were good! Hallelujah!!

When I started this journey, I had no idea what to expect. As Art dropped me off for my last chemo treatment, he snapped a photo for memory sake and I thought I'd share it with you. Here I am with the IV in the port/cath in my upper chest, which allows the chemo to go directly into my main artery and then process throughout my body. Amazing isn't it? Thank God for modern medicine and the wisdom of men and women who have devoted their lives to finding new treatments to fight all types of cancer!

I look forward to the day when I can move from "cancer free" to "survivor". I've been told that you're not considered a "survivor" until you've been 5 years "cancer free". I'm four months into my journey with fifty-six months to go.

Thank you for your faithful prayers and encouragement during my treatment!

I thank my God every time I remember you! ~Philippians 1:3

4 comments:

Sherry said...

You look cute there in the chair. I am glad that you took the picture because I wanted to see what it was like. I am glad that you are done with chemo. You are a great Mom and best friend. I love you! Keep up the good work!

Stacey said...

I love your positive outlook on life! Only 50 some months left. Who else would be sitting there adding up the months in there head. I just want to hug you and say "You go girl!" I'm praying for you every day. You are a survivor in my book!

Mark said...

Thanks Susie for sharing your journey with all of us and for showing us such great faith along the way.
We continue to pray for you.

Derrick Logan said...

Congratulations Susie! I have to tell you, it's been really cool tracking your journey; thank you for sharing it! You're a model in faith for all of us.

It's great to serve a God who never lets go of us! Keep smiling!