Sunday, February 10, 2008

His Devine Plan

Cancer's effect on my body
Left a devastating change.
As I stood gazing in the mirror,
The reality was strange.

With overwhelming emotions,
My thoughts were racing.
Trying to accept the journey
And the reflection I was facing.

Then, I was reminded,
This scarred body is not mine
But the Creator of Life,
Who chose the design.

My life is surrendered,
To the King of Kings.
His strength, joy, and peace,
Are why my heart sings.

What a comfort to know,
God's holding my hand.
My past, present, and future,
Part of His devine plan!

~Susie, February 2008

4 comments:

Stacey said...

I love this poem Mom! God gave you just the right words to explain how you're feeling. You are such an awesome example of how His children are supposed to act. Thank you!

Sherry said...

I love it to Mom. It is great that you can put your feelings into words and that you are sharing them with us. Thanks for your great example.

luvgod2 said...

That is beautiful Susie! Thank you for sharing it and what an awesome witness you have been through this trial in your life. God bless you abundantly sweet sister!

beBOLDjen said...

What a great poem! Whew. Touching!

Congrats on beign finished with your chemo. Yahooo!

my MIL should be nearing her "survivor" mark. I guess I should ask her if she's cleared it yet!