Tuesday, February 26, 2008

My Favorite Doctor

Here's my favorite doctor! He's too cute, isn't he? He insisted on wearing his doctor scrubs to the hospital to visit his great grandpa last week! Of course he had to bring his doctor bag with all his gadgets, too! He listened to great grandma's heart with his stethoscope and announced "there's nothing in there"!

Speaking of doctors...

I see my oncologist this Friday for followup after my chemo. My next surgery is scheduled for March 11 and the oncologist has to give me his blessing (clearance) for the next procedure. I still have a cough hanging on and I pray that it won't delay the process.

Without going into a lot of detail, I'll just say that the next surgery is due to a defect in my expanders. If it could happen...it will happen to me, right? Well, I asked him if he could just repair them with "fix a flat" but I guess it's not that simple. However, it did make the doctor smile!! I am frustrated with the thought of another surgery, knowing that there is still more to come but I don't have much of a choice. It's just a bump on the journey and I know that God will see me through this just as He has done all along! Thanks for your continued prayers!

3 comments:

Stacey said...

I love that little doctor, too!

Praying that nothing will get in your way now Mom!!

luvgod2 said...

I'm praying for your cough to be gone and that this surgery will go smoothly for you!

Sherry said...

I am sorry that you couldn't use the fix a flat. LOL!

I love that lil guy too.

I am here for ya. I love you!!