Wednesday, November 17, 2010

If It's Not One Thing...

My goal was to schedule the recommended surgery to remove the lump and move the implant before the end of the year but I was determined to pay off the surgeon for previous services before I would schedule any more. I also found out that I needed to have some hand surgery to release a couple of trigger joints. I had it all planned out. I would have the breast surgery and then about a month later I would take care of my hand....that was until my fingers became so painful and locked up more frequently. The doctor was unable to give me any more cortisone injections and surgery was inevitable.

I had the hand surgery in October and I'm almost completely healed. My middle finger still has slight swelling and lack of range of motion. Sometimes it feels as though it's broken but hopefully in time it will heal completely. I am thankful that I can open and close my fingers now without them getting stuck. Now I can play that little finger game with the kids, "open shut them, open shut them, give a little clap, clap, clap". Before surgery it was a little more delayed and pretty comical.

1 comments:

OneHappyfamily said...

I am so sorry that you have had to endure all this medical junk. You have had the best spirits about it of anyone I know.