Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Mystery Rash Returns

The middle of June, I began not feeling well and although I couldn't really pin point why I didn't feel good, I just knew something didn't seem right. I started having chills and fever and feeling weak. One day, about a week after Jordan had arrived, Sherry said, "mom your face is flush, have you checked your breast area". She said this because in December I had developed some type of mysterious skin infection that set into my chest area and was bright red. I hadn't even thought about the fact that it could be a similar problem again, after all, that was so strange when it happened the first time. Sherry followed me to the bathroom mirror and as I lifted my shirt we saw the familiar redness and it was warm to the touch.

I knew I would probably be accompanied to the hospital once again but I didn't want to think about it. As you can guess, I didn't have a say in the matter! Art promptly took me and Sherry to the hospital and dropped us off while he ran to his own doctor appointment. A few hours later I was being admitted to hospital and pumped full of strong antibiotics that I can't even pronounce. Fortunately, this time they were able to catch it before it spread as much as the first time around. I was seen by the same Infectious Disease Doctor and she was just as puzzled about it this time as last. After a few days of care in the hospital, I was released and I continued the medications at home. The only explanation they can give is that my immune system is compromised and infections hit the weakest area. Hopefully this is the last time!!

0 comments: