Wednesday, November 17, 2010

It's Been a Rough Year!

I haven't been very deligent about updating my blog this year...in fact, I realize now that I haven't blogged since February. I don't think I can fully explain my state of mind this last year and especially the summer months, so suffice it to say, I was in a bit of a funk and a little depressed perhaps.

Honestly, I feel like maybe everything finally caught up with me and my emotions. I was physically and emotionally tired of dealing with medical issues. It seems as though it's been one issue after another without any time to get my head above water for a deep breath.

Actually, I guess it started in the spring with the discovery of a lump in the same breast that had cancer. I did all the right things, I went to the doctor but was hoping he would say he didn't feel it and I was being paranoid. Unfortunately, he did feel it, as well, and sent me for an ultra sound. The report was reassuring, in that the radiologist believed it to be benign. However, shortly after my visit, my doctor called and suggested that I still consult with my surgeon for another opinion. I saw the surgeon and his opinion was that with my history, the lump should be removed or at the very least biopsied, although it wasn't urgent. I will be the first to admit that I want the lump out of there but his words brought mixed emotions. The good news was that he suggested it could be done at the same time that the implant is relocated to it intended position. He was afraid that if he just tried to biopsy or remove the lump he may rupture the implant. Now, I would need to meet with the Plastic Surgeon to schedule it.

On top of the medical issues I was facing, business was slow and finances were tight! Then I found out I needed a lot of dental work done which was going to cost more than I could afford! I just wanted off the merry-go-round because it wasn't very "merry"!

0 comments: