Monday, December 31, 2007

2 Down, 2 To Go!

I'm thrilled that I'm half way done with the chemo! So far, this time around hasn't been too bad, just nausea, fatigue, and "fog". I'm thankful for the medications that help fight the side effects! I was actually able to go to church yesterday and enjoy the service. I'm continually reminded by friends and family that they are praying for me and believe me...your prayers have been answered in so many wonderful ways! Thank you so much for your love and support on this journey!




My grandkids are the best medicine around! Here I am with Little J, right before Christmas. He's got more hair than grandma, now! I can't believe he's almost 7 months old!

Thanks to my sister, Karen, for surprising me with a selection of bandannas...what a blessing! I like wearing these much more than my wig!

I'm so glad I buzzed my hair when I did. My Christmas morning was spent in the shower, loosing the majority of my hair! I can't imagine if I had not cut it ahead of time.

I really didn't want my grandkids to see me without hair, for fear that it would bother them. However, once he found out, Buddy, my 6 year old grandson couldn't wait to see my head. He loves to rub it and thinks it's funny. Scooter, the 3 year old, isn't quite so sure. He likes to see it but doesn't like how it feels! Children are so loving and accepting...and priceless!

6 comments:

Julie said...

I just have to say that you look awesome in the "dorag" :-)

Unknown said...

I have to agree with Julie. I think you look "spiffy." One thing that I have loved about you since I have met you - is your smile. It is also what I love about Stacey and Sherry. I didn't mention it to you on Sunday which I had planned the next time I saw you, so here I am now. You look beautiful in your situation! Prayers are still going up for you, and I check your blog often. Thanks for keeping it updated!
Brooke S.

luvgod2 said...

I'm praying for you! Thank you for your blog - I check it often and it's a wonderful way to get updates from you even if I am unable to get them in person. You are in my thoughts and prayers for God's abundant peace, comfort, healing and favor for 2008!

Isaiah 58:11 The Lord will guide you continually, and satisfy your soul in drought, and strengthen your bones; You shall be like a watered garden and like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail.
In Him,
Kim Hale

Sherry said...

I think that you look great! I know that it is hard. I am glad that I live at home still so that I can help you out! I am praying that it will go by fast. Remember to take it easy though. You don't have to be Super Woman!!
I love you,
Sher

Stacey said...

You sure look cute holding that little guy! I think someone must really love his Grandma :o)

The kids love you no matter what you look like or how much hair you have. That's what is so awesome about kids!

You're doing great and I think you are such a shining example to those around you. Hang in there!!

Theresa said...

I LOVE this picture...it is priceless.