Sunday, March 2, 2008

What A Sweet Surprise

One night last week, Sherry and I stopped by and enjoyed a cranberry fizzie drink at Village Inn with my mom while she had dinner. Sherry and I had already ate but mom needed to grab a bite to eat before visiting my dad at the care center. I didn't want her to eat alone, so I told her we would meet her there.

As we walked in, I saw a couple of familiar faces. These were folks we knew from a church we attended in the north valley years ago. I had seen him a year or so ago when I found out they lived across from a house I had listed for sale but I hadn't seen them since then. I stopped by their table and spoke with them briefly. Of course, they didn't know about my breast cancer so I shared how God had been watching over me and I explained that I was just meeting my mom before we went to visit my dad.

Long story short...when we got ready to leave, the waitress told us they had picked up our tab!! They were already gone when we found out but I'm sending a thank you note in the mail! How wonderful to know that there are such caring people in our world! We hear so much about "bad people" and the things they do but it's comforting to know there are "good people" with big hearts out there! We were fortunate to encounter these two and be blessed by their kindness and I know that God will bless them for their generosity! Thanks John & Nina...for being a blessing in our lives!

Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms. ~1 Peter 4:10

3 comments:

luvgod2 said...

What a blessing! Thank you for sharing this with your blog family! God's gifts come in so many different ways - I am so thankful for all the special ways He shows us His love.

Stacey said...

That's awesome! I love how God uses others to bless our lives. We all need to remember to bless others in that same way.

Sherry said...

It was so sweet that they had done that. We couldn't believe it. Thanks!