Friday, June 27, 2008

Cruisin' for Breast Cancer on the Cruise


No, I didn't go on a cruise but my good friend Beth did recently!! She was on a cruise with her hubby and daughter and had an opportunity to participate in the On Deck for the Cure walk! She said 100 people walked for the cure and raised $1,000! It was freezing that morning, overcast and windy but she did it for me (and others)! She's the one in the picture with the knee brace on and she's having surgery next week! What a friend!
It was really awesome when she emailed me and said that she had thought about me 22 nautical miles off the coast of Mexico! I guess it was the next best thing to being there, right?
I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends! The gals in this picture are my friends who meet at my home for Bible study! Each one of them have a special place in my heart and they have prayed me through this journey and fight against breast cancer!

4 comments:

Beth said...

That was so nice of you to blog me! I wish all of you could have been on the cruise with us. Maybe some day huh?

OneHappyfamily said...

That is so cool! What a sweet thing for her to do.

luvgod2 said...

I did meet your friend, Connie. She was in my small group. What a total sweetie! She had a lot of wonderful nice things to say about you!

Stacey said...

That was so cool that she took time out of her vacation to think about you. I think it's amazing to see how many people are really taking steps to find a cure for this horrible disease!