Monday, June 23, 2008

Reconstruction is a Pain...Literally!

This may be too personal for some of you, so I apologize in advance and you may want to skip this post.

For those who care to read on...
I am continuing the reconstruction process towards eventually having implants. I'll be honest and say, it's not been an easy process for me. My first frustration came when the first set of expanders were defective and they had to replace them 3 months ago and start the process all over. I seriously considered having them removed and not getting new ones but they say it's better for your back and spine because your body is used to having the weight of breasts and now your body is trying to adjust to having them removed. So, I chose to get the replacements and so far, the new expanders are working well! It requires me to make regular (usually weekly) visits to the plastic surgeon to have the expanders filled with saline in order to stretch and expand the area where the implants will be placed eventually.

Today was my routine visit to get "filled up". Normally, these visits leave me a little uncomfortable for a couple of days but today it left me in pain! So much so that I've had to take pain medicine tonight and I haven't had to take pain medicine since surgery. I feel like I have broken ribs on my left side and it hurts to move. Oh, and sneezing...oh, my goodness!! I'm hoping the pain will be gone when I wake up in the morning or else I may be making a phone call to the doc!

4 comments:

OneHappyfamily said...

I hope you're feeling better this morning. Take care. Let me know if you need anything. x0x0

OneHappyfamily said...

Oh yeah... Thanks for the gift card. You really didn't need to do that. They are all settled and the house is BIG, beautiful, and perfect for them.

Stacey said...

So sorry to see you in pain like this. Before long you'll have nice new boobies and all this will be behind you :o)

I'm praying for you!!

Donna Rae said...

I cant imagine the pain. I complain each month when my breasts get tender during my lovly menstrual cycle. Just think, some day you will look at your self in the mirror when this is all over and say "Wow Susie those are some mighty nice boobies" Hope you are feeling better soon!! Thanks for all the nice things you commented on the blog about my father. I know deep down he was a good man. Its just a weird to find out things like that after he is gone. I guess it would be nice if he were around to talk about it with.