Monday, June 30, 2008

Fill 'er Up

Today I went to the plastic surgeon for a "fill up" and then we stopped by the gas station to get another type of fill up. Both were painful!

Can you believe these gas prices? We sure have learned to give more thought to our frequent trips out and about. We opt to stay closer to home and find ourselves asking, "do we really need to go there"? When we do go out, we try to make the most of the trip by taking care of as much business as possible.

This morning we saw gas for $3.99 and we got excited...how pathetic!!






5 comments:

Stacey said...

Those cartoons are too funny! I hate the way gas prices are rising each day. Makes us really budget more than ever before!

Donna Rae said...

I feel the same way. My friend saw this thing on TV about hyper mileing. I am doing it as much as possible. The other day I got the truck up to 45mph and then took my foot off the gas. I made it all the way home without pressing the gas again. It was about a mile and a half. Granted there was no traffic around and we went about 10-13 mph the last 1/2 mile. When I pulled into the garage I was going 8mph.

luvgod2 said...

I'm feeling the pain sister! It is amazing at how "excited" we can get when we see $3.99 a gallon. Highway Robbery:)

Sherry said...

All I can say is I am kind of glad that I don't drive right now. It is sad. I was talking to some friends and I said that I could remember paying .99 for a gallon of gas when I first started driving and one of them said when they started it was .88 it is crazy.

Donna Rae said...

I try to get Todd to stay off the gas....He just cant do it. He starts complaining about how slow we are going, shakes his head and hits the gas. I think it's a man thing. I have a v8 and I have went 10 days on a quarter of a tank. Granted I dont go very far but I like to think driving like a snail is paying off.