Thursday, November 8, 2007

Breaking the Silence

It's been a while since I felt up to adding to my blog but I guess it's time to break the silence. I'll be the first to admit, it's been a long hard week! The surgery last Wednesday was delayed and then took longer than expected. My family was anxious as each surgeon took their turn coming out and gave them an update on their portion of the procedure. The pain has been worse than before, which they say is partly because I had not had time to adequately heal from the first surgery which was less than two weeks prior. Also, they had to cut and dig into the muscle this time around. I've had a lot of bruising & swelling, even in my sides and lower back. However, today is a new day and I'm feeling a bit stronger. Art's not convinced but thinks I'm a good actress!

As some of you may know, Peggie, my son-in-law Jeff's mother, has been fighting her own battle with cancer for the past six years or so. Hers also started as breast cancer but then spread throughout her body. This past Saturday morning, she went to heaven and is free of pain and suffering! She was a woman of strong faith in God and was prepared to meet the creator of life. I'm proud of her family and how dedicated they were to her as they took advantage of every opportunity to love on her until the end. I've known Peggie for many years, long before our children fell in love. She is about 20 years older than me and I always admired her knowledge of the Bible. We will miss her but we know that we will see her again some day!

This has been an emotional week, as you may imagine! I've wanted to "be there" for Jeff & Stacey but physically, I wasn't able to be. It's hard to understand God's timing but I have had to accept it. I really hoped that I would be up and running sooner this time, but that's not been the case! The recovery from this surgery has been tough!

Thank you for your constant prayers and words of encouragement...I cherish them more than you can imagine!

3 comments:

OneHappyfamily said...

Glad to hear you feel well enough to blog.... I am a good "actor" too. Aren't all women?
Hugs.

Sherry said...

I can't believe how strong you are. You do it all with such grace! Just remember don't over due. I love you!

Stacey said...

Mom, I keep telling you, I just need you to get better! It doesn't matter that you weren't able to really help much during all of that craziness. We'll need you more further down the road. Keep taking it easy and enjoying this time off while you can! We love you!!