Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving's Coming but What Happened to Halloween?

There's no comparison between Thanksgiving & Halloween, however, a couple of weeks ago, as I was asked about our Thanksgiving plans, I remember thinking...what about Halloween, that's first. Then I laughed at myself when I realized that I had slept through Halloween. My last surgery was on Halloween. I was disappointed to miss out on the fun with my grandkids but if I didn't take that day for surgery, the next available for the 2 doctors was weeks away. I guess because I was "out of it" that day, I totally forgot about it!


I do have a funny memory of that day that I'll share with you. The anesthesiologist had told me they were taking me into the operating room awake, which I hate. As they are rolling me in there, the anesthesiologist said, "do you prefer to go by Sandra or Sandy?" Yikes! I looked at him and said, "my name is Susan but I go by Susie!!" Hmmm...panic moment...am I in the right place??? Well, we quickly figured out that they had my name confused with a more famous person with the same last name. They were embarrassed, to say the least, and he quickly said "I'm putting you to sleep now". So, as the room began to spin I said "then it's time to say, trick or treat", and closed my eyes. I went to sleep to the sounds of their chuckles!

I'm glad the kids were able to take the boys with their cousins to have some fun for Halloween! It had been a stressful couple of weeks for them with Peggie's illness. They quickly threw together cowboy costumes and made it work. It sounds like they had lots of fun!



The
Cutest
Cowboys
Around!

2 comments:

OneHappyfamily said...

It is crazy how much Stacy looks like you. Tim just shakes his head whenever I show him a pic of her.

Stacey said...

They had such a fun time that night! I wish you could have been there but I'm glad you were taking care of that surgery... now you'll be here for lots more costume parties to come ;o)