Friday, November 16, 2007

Through the Eyes of My Grandsons

My daughters and I had arranged to go shopping yesterday for a wig...not something I was really looking forward to! So my morning starts out with a call from my 3 year old grandson. Papa answered the phone and hears "we're going to get gramma some new hair today", on the other end of the phone.

I get on the phone with my daughter and she informs me that her 6 year old over heard her telling her husband, the night before, that she was taking me shopping the next day for a wig. He got pretty excited and was asking questions. He asked, "can you take me over to see gramma with no hair? I've never seen gramma Susie with no hair!" Cheap entertainment, I guess!

So, we get to the wig shop and immediately, the 3 year old makes his personal selection of my new hair style....a fuchsia pink, shoulder length hair with bangs!!! After I'd tried on a few wigs, the lady asked if I wanted to try his selection. Well, of course, this grandma will do just about anything for my grandsons!! So, there I sat with a bright pink wig! (Fortunately, the girls didn't have a camera with them!) He looks at me and said "gramma you look like a Doodlebop! I asked if he would give me a kiss with the pink wig and he quickly responded..."I not kiss Doodlebops!" Now if you don't have young kids or grandkids, you may not know what a Doodlebop is so check them out http://www.doodlebops.com/EN-US/index.html I have to admit, even I could see the resemblance!

You'll just have to use your imagination of me in the pink wig because that was not my final selection!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Susie, I know exactly who the Doodlebops are. I am getting a mental picture of you in the pink wig. How ironic that Seth would pick a PINK wig for you. You would look beautiful in any color.

Stacey said...

You did look pretty doodlish. I agree with Beth though... you would be beautiful no matter what!

I think you're going to look awesome bald, too ;o)