Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Very Thankful!

Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, His love endures forever! ~Psalm 118:1

This year, as I reflect on Thanksgiving and all the blessings in my life, the list is unending. So, I thought I'd do a list from A to Z.


A - Art - The Love of My Life (top of my list in more ways than one!)
B - Boys - 3 hug-able grandsons for me to love and spoil
C - Cancer Free! - 21 days now!
D - Daughters - Two of my greatest blessings in life!
E - Encouraging Words - I've heard so many recently!
F - Family & Friends - You've touched my life in so many ways!
G - Girlfriends - You know who you are!!
H - Home Filled with Lots of Love!
I - Incredible Peace!
J - Jesus - What would I do without Him?
K - Knowing I'll See Loved Ones in Heaven Someday!
L - Laughter - Even in the storms of life!
M - Mom & Dad - I'm grateful for their love and support!
N - Nothing Is A Surprise to God!
O - Opportunities to Share My Faith!
P - Power of Prayer!
Q - Quiet Moments with God!
R - Restored Relationships!
S - Son in Law - He is such a great guy!
T - Treasured Memories
U - Unexpected Acts of Kindness
V - Visits with Friends and Family!
W - Worship Music!!
X - Xrays & Other Medical Tests
Y - You Reading My Blog - I love to read your comments, too!
Z - Zenia's & Other Flowers - They add so much color to our world!

That was fun...took me back to school days as a kid, but what a great exercise. It's funny how our perspective changes based on our life experiences. This year I'm thankful for things that probably wouldn't have come to mind at this time last year!

Happy Thanksgiving and I hope you take time to thank God for His blessings in your life, too!!

2 comments:

OneHappyfamily said...

We too are thankful that you and Art were in our lives during the rough teen years. Your advice pulled us through many awkward times. Many a days were sat on that couch of yours spilling my guts... Seems like that was just yesterday! Time to go decorate the tree with the family, and sip hot cocoa... Hugs to you.

Stacey said...

That was a great list! Wow, so many wonderful things to be thankful for this year and in the years to come!