Thursday, December 20, 2007

Happy Birthday Big Guy!

Today we celebrated Art's 48th birthday!

There are so many things I love about Art...his servant heart, his gentle spirit, his love for God, his strength, his sense of humor, his attitude, his protectiveness, his wisdom, his determination, his work ethic, his confidence, and on and on.



I've had the privilege of being by his side and watching him grow from a young man who lacked confidence, into a man of tremendous faith who knows that he can accomplish anything with God's help.





He loves our family and is an awesome example to our three
young grandsons. The boys lovingly refer to him as "big papa" and they love to spend time with him. In their eyes, big papa can do just about anything.







My dad gave him the name "gentle giant" years ago and it's so appropriate. He's a big guy, 6' 6" tall, with a very gentle spirit.







He is a fun dad and has a great relationship with our girls! I love to see them laughing and teasing with him, just like when they were younger.








We have so much fun as a family! Spending time together celebrating his birthday was just another great memory making time!









Happy Birthday Art...you're a blessing in our lives!

2 comments:

OneHappyfamily said...

Happy belated birthday to Art. You are a keeper. I can't remember one time in all the years of you dealing with all of in youth group, that you lost your cool. That is admirable. I will always treasure my memories with you. Thanks for so many good years Art!

Stacey said...

Happy Birthday Dad! I love you very much and I'm so proud to call you my Dad!!