Saturday, December 22, 2007

One More Step in the Journey!

Yesterday was another huge step in my journey, surviving breast cancer. As you all know, one of the side effects of chemo is the loss of hair. This has been a moment I've been dreading, from the time I found out that I would need chemo. Just as every other step, I've tried to face it straight on and with a good attitude. This week, my hair really started thinning and I knew before long it would be gone.




So, I made an appointment with the gal that has done my hair for close to 20 years, and had my hair cut. Yep, it's gone! I didn't want to wait and go through the emotional turmoil of watching my hair fall out piece by piece, clump by clump...so I had it buzzed!









The girls and my sister in law went along for support!








Although it was a little emotional...it wasn't as bad as I thought it might be! As my sister reminded me yesterday, this is just another step towards the end of the treatment and getting healthy again!




The bible says "Even the very hairs of your head are numbered" ~Matthew 10:30


Looks like I just made the Lord's job a little easier for now!








Afterwards, we went to Starbucks and "celebrated".
I am so blessed and have so much to celebrate!

6 comments:

OneHappyfamily said...

You have pulled it off. Not just anyone can look beautiful with a do-rag on!

Stacey said...

I think you look awesome in the rags! Shawnie is right, not just anyone could pull it off! Good thing you have a pretty face and nice shaped head :o)

Stacey said...

I'm proud of you by the way!!

Beth said...

You would look beautiful even in a Pink Doodlebops wig. Your do-rag is very stylish. You'll have to get one in every color. You are so brave and we are all so proud of you.

Julie said...

You look just as beautiful - inside and out.

Colette said...

You look only gorgeous Susie whether its hair ,a scarf. a rag whatever.You are such a trooper!
Colette