Friday, December 14, 2007

The Past Week Has Wiped Me Out!

It's been a little over a week ago since I had my first chemo treatment, as you know. The first couple of days I mostly experienced nausea and fatigue. By the first of the week, I thought I had probably seen the worst of it...not so! On Monday, I tried to do a little Christmas shopping with the girls and after two stores, just grabbing exactly what I needed (not my usual shopping style), I was tuckered out! Then, I had a doctor appointment which left me feeling a little sore.

Monday was also my mom's 77th birthday and I was determined to join my siblings and my parents to celebrate at a local restaurant and God was so good to allow me to join them for a little while. It was really important to me...I feel so blessed to have my mom a part of my life and in such good health at 77!!

By the end of the day, I was exhausted! By Tuesday, I was pretty sick with sores that had developed in my mouth, a side effect from the chemo and quite nauseated. The doctor wanted to see me and determined I had thrush and an infection, requiring an antibiotic. Three prescriptions later, my throat is feeling better...still sore but better! I sure hope I don't experience this each time I have chemo!!

I have so much I want to be up and doing! God reminds me "be still and know that I am God". I've had to accept that Christmas is going to come and go this year a little different than I had planned. However, I'm so thankful to be here...enjoying the time with my family and friends, celebrating the birth of our Savior!

1 comments:

Stacey said...

I know this is frustrating and hard right now. It must seem like you can't do much of anything and that's just not like you at all. Just relax and know that we all understand that and we want to take care of you! It's more important to us that you take care of yourself and just get better!

We love you very much!!