Friday, December 7, 2007

One Down & Three To Go

I'm happy to say I'm past my first chemo treatment and I only have three more to go in the next three months. As with any new experience, no matter how much people tell you about it, you don't really know what it's going to be like for you.

I wondered how it would be to have the IV in the port in my chest rather than a normal IV in the arm...not bad! The nurses are good about explaining each step. I got a terrible headache about half way through which was a side effect to medications. Art was right by my side for moral support and prayed with me before we started. He even ran to get me a fruit smoothie which helped tremendously!! What a guy!

I knew we had a lot of people praying because I felt very calm about the whole process. Before Art left the church office, the staff gathered around him for prayer which was awesome! Pastor Greg text messaged me to say he was praying and that meant a great deal, too!

When I left, I had the headache and felt a little queasy. Later in the evening I got nauseated and had to take some medication to help and again during the night. It was a restless night but I'm sure that's to be expected.

I'm just so glad to have one treatment done! I'll continue to trust the Lord for the future!! He's never let me down!!

4 comments:

Tina said...

I was praying for you all day yesterday.
Isn't it neat how the Lord puts people in our lives to encourage us when we need it...you are surrounded by people who love you and are praying for you...so great!

Julie said...

I am so glad that it went "relatively well". You are such a trooper. Stacey has a little surprise for you from us at her house. Hopefully she'll get it over to you today.

Sherry said...

You did good see and you got a treat! LOL! I remember you taking us to the doctor and then we would always get something after if we were good. You are a great Mom and A best Friend!!

Stacey said...

I'm so glad it went well. Sorry for the yucky side effects but I'm glad you were "brave and strong!"

I wanted to pray with you before you left but I was struggling to get the words out to tell you. Maybe next time! Love you!!