Saturday, March 8, 2008

A Little Unexpected Twist

Last week when I visited my oncologist, we discussed the pain I had been experiencing in my hip. I wasn't overly concerned because I was told that joint pain can be a result of the chemo. The doc kind of through me for a loop when he ordered a bone scan and an x-ray. He said we needed to make sure there was no cancer or signs of metastasis. Wow...I didn't see that coming and I don't like the "M" word anymore than I like the "C" word!! I guess once you're diagnosed with cancer, you have to assume that cancer could be hiding anywhere in your body.

I went for the scan yesterday and to my surprise, they scanned my entire body and not just the hip. I guess I might as well get the biggest bang for my buck, as they say, huh? Art was teasing me about glowing since they injected me with the radioactive solution. He keeps me laughing!

Of course, I don't have the results yet but my oncologist office called while I was on the table and requested the report and they promised it first thing Monday morning. I'm hoping to hear something shortly afterwards. My surgery (to repair my flat) is scheduled for Tuesday and they just want to make sure everything is clear beforehand. I'm grateful that the doc is being so thorough and not taking any chances, although, I believe there's nothing seriously wrong.

Thanks for keeping me in your prayers as I continue to trust the Lord each day!

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust. ~ Psalm 91:1-2


My little Buddy wanted me to post this pic of him with his dukes up. Everytime I look at it, it reminds me that I may be fighting a battle but I can still smile! Thanks Buddy!!

5 comments:

OneHappyfamily said...

I see Jeff in that picture. We will keep you in our prayers this week girly! The paint project will happen the week of the 17th. The kiddo's are on break this week and we are going to spend time going to Imax, shopping for a computer for J, and picnic's in the park! I will post a before and after. Your living room is Gorgeous! I decorate with the primitive distressed stuff, so I tend to go with the muted colors. I think I am going to do the Wainscoting and paint it and distress it! Talk soon. Love ya. Muah, muah.

Theresa said...

We will definitely keep you in our prayers and remember Jeremiah 29:11!


By the way, I think you look fabulous! Miss ya, T-Lo

luvgod2 said...

I'm lifting you up to our Jehovah Rophe. I am so grateful for His amazing peace and comfort through the trials we face in our lives.

Stacey said...

Just another bump in the road Mom! Seems like it sure is a bumpy road lately though :o) I'm always here for you and definitely keeping you in my prayers all the time!

Sherry said...

Love you Mom. I am sorry that you have to do all this but God knows what you can handle and what you can't. That's not always easy to hear. But God loves you and so do I.