Friday, March 14, 2008

Uncertainty About The Spots

Surgery went well on Tuesday...once again, I slept right through it! As always, I was happy to see my family when I woke up! There was a little change at the last moment when my oncologist decided to have the surgeon leave in my chemo port...hmmm??? This is a result of the two spots they saw on the bone scan the previous Friday. My sister picked up the films and brought them to me so that Art could take them to Valley Radiology today and have them compared with their x-rays (at the doctors request). We haven't heard anything back from them yet, so of course, we're just wondering what's around the corner and praying about the outcome!!

I felt a little anxious because I had never been a patient at St. Joes but since that is where my doc wanted to schedule surgery and he's a key player, I decided I would comply with his wishes! Two of my friends from my Home Team (Bible study) work at St. Joes and so I was greeted and hugged by each of them before my surgery and before they went home from working all night! Thanks Beth and Colette for taking time to encourage me!

I'm pretty sore but getting better each day. I said the doc lied to me when he said it wouldn't be as bad as last time...guess he's never had expanders put in his chest!! Thanks for your prayers for my recovery and the uncertainty about the spots. Please pray that the doc will have wisdom as he evaluates and makes decisions!

9 comments:

Sherry said...

Mom you are such a trooper! I love you and am so proud of you. Take it slow though. Don't try to much too fast.

Theresa said...

All I can say is...one tough cookie!

You are an inspiration to all.

Praying for peace and calmness in your world today and that God will lead the doctors in the right direction. Miss you!

Stacey said...

I agree with Theresa! You're what Seth would call "brave and strong!"

luvgod2 said...

I'm thrilled the surgery went well for you! I'm praying for a speedy recovery and wisdom for your Doctor's.
Psalms 16:8 - I have set the Lord always before me. Beacause he is at my right hand,I will not be shaken!
God bless you abundantly!
P.S. Your daughters did a wonderful job today at the Easter carnival! I'll send you a picture as proof.

Karen said...

I can just hear Seth say bawave and stwong. You are our hero!

Karen said...

WOO-HOO!!!!!
I actually did something right to post that last comment. Hopefully I can remember what I did so I can respond to Stacey and Sherry's blogs too!

beBOLDjen said...

Glad to hear you are recovering. Will be praying about those pesky spots!

Happy Easter!

OneHappyfamily said...

You have been in my thoughts all weekend. I told Tim about your surgery and the X-Rays and spots that they found. Without a bit of hesitation he said "don't worry she will be fine!" Enough said! Hugs to you, and I can't wait for you to post the good news from the doctors today! Hugs...

luvgod2 said...

You've been tagged! Come visit my site for details!