Monday, March 10, 2008

Bone Scan and More X-Rays

Thanks for your prayers about my hip. I talked with the PA at the oncologist office today and she said the hip scan was normal. Then she went on to say that they did find two "spots" they were concerned about...one on my 9th rib on the left side and one on the right side of my skull. The PA asked if I could remember any serious injuries to those parts of my body. Hmmm...NO! So, off I went for more x-rays this afternoon. I was very concerned about these "spots" and I called my family and a few people to ask for prayer. I was feeling a little anxious about the spots and had questions about the surgery tomorrow. Fortunately, a few short hours later, the oncologist office called to say they got the radiologist report and the x-rays were normal. Praise the Lord! They want us to pick up a copy of the bone scan and bring it to them so they can compare it with the x-rays.

I guess once you've been diagnosed with cancer of any type, the possibility and concern will always be there that it could spread or reoccur. I'm not sure if you ever get to a point where it's not in the back of your mind. As I continue to trust the Lord with my health I want to be sure and give Him praise for the way he has worked in my life these past 5 months! It's been an incredible journey, for sure!

Thank you for your continued prayers! It's such a comfort to know that so many people are lifting me up before the Lord. Tomorrow, as I go in for surgery, I'm trusting God for that incredible peace He has promised and has faithfully provided in the past!

At times I've thought it would be nice to know what lies around the corner in my future. Today, I'm thankful that life only unfolds one day at a time! God only gives us what we can handle and in the portions we can digest.

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of it's own." ~Matthew 6:34

2 comments:

Sherry said...

I know it's rough but it will all work out. I love you! Keep it up you are doing great.

luvgod2 said...

I'm praying for you!