Monday, March 3, 2008

My Heart...Christ's Home


















This morning, our home is buzzing with repairmen from various trades. January was the one year mark of us moving into our home and it's time to have repairs made under the one year warranty. My hubby diligently made a list of everything that needed attention and submitted a request for service. Some of these items were things we've had to tolerate for several months as we waited for the appropriate time to submit our request. Then, we had to wait for the repairs to be scheduled and the different trades to come and take the appropriate action.

It struck me, how my heart is Christ's home and all too often it's in need of repair! Perhaps it's a wrong attitude, doubt, fear, laziness, etc. The good news is that my heart comes with a lifetime warranty!

I don't have to wait for the annual repair list to be created! I don't have to wait to submit a work order and then wait for repairs to be scheduled. Instead, I simply go before the Lord, as soon as I realize there's a problem, and ask Him for assistance. He's available 24/7 and is waiting for me to call on Him for help. He responds and immediately goes to work repairing my heart. It's up to me to do proper maintenance and keep it in good condition but when I fail and it's in need of repair again...He's always there! His love never fails!

My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. ~Psalms 73:26

2 comments:

Stacey said...

I love that Mom! We all need to submit out hearts each day for repairs. What a great way to think about it!

Sherry said...

I never thought about it that way. And had never heard that verse before. I am glad that you thought of that and shared it with us!