Saturday, March 22, 2008

More Waiting...Waiting Is So Hard!

I finally heard from the oncologists office Friday but the news was really nothing more than I already knew!! The bone scan shows two spots and the x-rays do not! It's frustrating to have waited this long to hear what I already knew!! Hmm! The next step is to have another PET scan done and they will contact me the first of next week with the scheduled time, once they've received the authorization from insurance. More waiting...waiting is so hard!

This past week was very frustrating with dad still in the care center and being transported for dialysis 4 times a week now. Then mom ended up in the ER and spending a night at the hospital. I'm exhausted mentally & emotionally and maybe feeling a little numb to what's going on. I can quickly feel overwhelmed and find myself just going through the motions of the day, just trying to manage!


Even the little things in life have the potential to "send me over the edge"! We woke up Wednesday morning to find that thieves had stolen two flower pots from our front yard! Art and I just looked at each other in disbelief! We don't dare utter the words, "what else could go wrong?" We don't want to know!


I was catching up on my Route 66, reading through the Bible in a year with our church, when God brought this verse of encouragement to me:

Let all that I am wait quietly before God, for my hope is in Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will not be shaken.
~Psalm 62:5 & 6

So, here I am Lord, waiting quietly before You!

4 comments:

Theresa said...

Hey Susie, I stopped by to see if there was any news...how frustrating. Sounds like you have a lot on your plate.

It's a good thing God will take care of those thieves and you don't have too! :)

You're in our prayers...hang in there!

Sherry said...

It stinks that you and Dad spent so much time in planing how to do the yard and then spend the time and money and some one thinks that they have the right to take something that someone else spent time saving and planing for!

God will take care of them. I know things are hard but hang in there!

Russell Fam. said...

Hi Susie!
You have every right to feel frustrated and overwhelmed right now! Waiting is very difficult- I'm sure you just want answers now!

Before we got pregnant with the twins, I had a molar pregnancy which basically I had to have quite a bit of blood work done and waiting to find out why my hormone levels were rising but not as high as they should be in a "normal" pregnancy and I was bleeding. All that to say, it was very, very difficult and emotionally draining. We got through it though, and we know that you will too!
For me. it's always nice to hear at least one encouraging thing from someone each day-especially in those tough times, when everything gets overwhelming.
Maybe you and Art can start planning a vacation for the two of you this summer. You certainly deserve a getaway-and I bet you would have a lot of fun thinking and planning one together.
Maybe a B&B somewhere. Just a thought. Diversions can be very theraputic!!!

Rhonda said...

Hey Susie,

I love your blog. I wanted to tell you that you are a great inspiration to so so many. I pray for you often and know God is doing great work in and through you.

Rhonda Berthiaume
PVC