Wednesday, March 26, 2008

PET Scan

The PET scan is scheduled for Friday morning. so please pray for specific answers. I'm not sure what will happen based on the results of this scan. Either way, we'll be dealing with 2 out of 3 odds, meaning 2 will show spots or 2 will not. Even if this one doesn't show the spots, then I'm left wondering about the one that did and I'm sure you can understand my concern. When we're dealing with cancer, I want to feel 100% confident of the outcome.

Some ask...how are you handling all the stress? Or they say, I could never be that strong. Well, let me tell you, you never know how you will handle a challenge in life until it is placed before you and often times there is no warning. Fortunately for me, I already had a strong faith in God because He has brought me through some difficult times before. He has stretched my faith in the past so that I knew I could trust Him again! There have been plenty of anxious and emotional moments and I constantly have to place my trust in the Lord and not let worry overwhelm me. Honestly, some days are easier than others but God knows my heart and my thoughts and I'm honest before Him. I ask Him for strength and courage to be used by Him in this circumstance in my life. That is truly my hearts desire.

Our faith has been compared to a muscle, the more it stretches, the stronger it becomes. The best thing you can do is make sure your faith in God is strong enough to carry you through whatever journey unfolds. Challenges WILL come to all of us, in one form or another, throughout our life. Don't wait for a crisis before you stretch that muscle of faith. You wouldn't wait until the day of a marathon to prepare for it, neither should you wait to build your relationship with God.

Thanks for letting me share from my heart!

Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you. ~Psalm 55:22

6 comments:

luvgod2 said...

Thank you Susie for sharing from your heart! Thank you for encouraging me in my faith walk and showing that our God is faithful as you have walked this journey with Him! I'm praying for you and for the results on Friday.

Stacey said...

Praying for you Mom! I know it's gotta be scary and tough. You'll get through this. Your Faith is so strong and He has a plan for you! Love you!!

Beth said...

We will pray for you that God has done a complete healing in your body.
I know it's been a long time sine the first CD, but don't forget to KEEP SINGING!

Beth

WE are praying for you Miss Susie and we love you,

Olivia Munoz

luvgod2 said...

Good morning Susie! I'm lifting you up to our wonderful Father for comfort, healing, and peace. God bless you abundantly today above all measure!

Sherry said...

I can't even begin to imagine how hard this strugle has been for you Mom! I know that God love's you and is watching over you. I love you to.

Teresa said...

Hi susie It's Teresa (Seniceros)Santacruz. Stacey gave me your blog link. It's been so long it's hard to know where to begin. It's a great feeling to be talking with all of you again. It's funny how my mood as changed since Stacey first left a message for me. I am thinkful because I have often thought of you all and wondered how you were. I have read your blog and all I do is think of you. I have added you to my womans bible study prayer list. Prayer is all that I can offer. From my family to yours, God bless and have a wonderful day.