Saturday, March 8, 2008

Happy Birthday Stacey!!

Stacey was an answer to prayer and a dream come true! We had tried to conceive from the time we were married in 1979 and it felt like an eternity! Finally, after lots of prayer, tears and medical intervention, the exciting news came that a baby was on the way. Back then (makes me sound old) we didn't find out the sex of the baby, in fact, the ultra sound pictures were so new, it was hard to tell it was a baby! Regardless, we knew that this child was truly a gift from God and we just prayed for a healthy baby (okay, secretly I hoped for a little girl).

She was born on March 5, 1981 in Phoenix to parents who didn't have much to offer monetarily but that didn't seem to matter at the time. We were excited as we awaited the birth of our first child and we knew that somehow we would manage to provide. We had a home and hearts that desired to be parents and big faith in our God.

I remember coming home from the hospital, a young 19 year old mom, with this new precious child. I remember feeling like I was "playing house" and someone was going to knock at the door and take her away. From the time I was a little girl, I dreamed about being a mom and it was finally a reality!
















(Big Papa had his hands full!)

Now, our little girl is a grown woman and the mother of three adorable little boys! Our joys have been multiplied many times over as our family has grown. Each child brings something new and unique...characteristics all their own.

Last night, we all celebrated at the restaurant of her choosing, Carlos O'Briens. It's fun to watch her and Jeff with their little guys...brings back fond memories!

Life changes when you become a parent and for me there are no regrets. My children have truly been one of my greatest joys in life and I would do it all over again, in a heartbeat!

The girls and I have so much fun together! I love to spend time with them, talking, laughing, shopping, watching movies...there's never a dull moment when we're together!

You may be 27, Stacey, but in our hearts you're still our little girl and we're so very proud of you! You have a heart of gold and a willingness to be used by God. He must be so proud of you, too! Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Thanks for celebrating me on my big day. It was so much fun to hang out and have dinner together! We sure love being with you guys. Love you!!

Sherry said...

Happy B- day sis! It was fun and she is a great Mom to those three little guys. Love ya!