Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Best Marriage Ever


Our church, Palm Valley (best church in town) just started a new series called "Your Best Marriage Ever" and I can't help but feel so blessed to have a wonderful man in my life. Marriage isn't always easy, in fact, sometimes it's down right difficult.
Art and I have been married now for 28 years! We met as children, fell in love as teenagers, married as very young adults. Looking back, we had no idea what we were getting into at the time. We were two young "kids" who believed that God had brought us together. From the beginning of our relationship we purposed to keep God at the center. We have always been involved in ministry, individually and as a family. We did our best to raise our children to love God and to serve Him with a passion. We've made plenty of mistakes! Fortunately, with God's direction, we did a few things right, too! It seems like we weren't much more than kids raising our own kids and learning along the way.
I'm so thankful for a man who loves God and desires to live his life for Christ. We've grown in our walk with God as we've grown in our relationship with each other. We've weathered some difficult storms in the past and God has always proven himself faithful. Should we expect anything less this time around? I'm thankful for the trials we've experienced in the past because it has built a confidence in our hearts, knowing that our God is always faithful!
For you have been my hope, O Sovereign Lord, my confidence since my youth. ~Psalm 71:5

1 comments:

Sherry said...

I love the picture! You guys are so cute together and I hope one day I will meet Mr. Right and we will be as great as you guys!