Tuesday, October 23, 2007

God is Faithful!

I can't believe that three weeks ago today, I found out I had breast cancer. Here I am, already past surgery and anticipating chemo. I'm amazed at how quickly this process has taken place but I'm so thankful that I didn't have to wait too long!

As you've heard...the surgery went really well. In fact, I slept right through it! Today Art spoke with the oncologist office and they said they feel confident that they got all the cancer! They got a 2cm clear section around the tumor. The final verdict isn't in regarding the lymph nodes but they said all the initial tests look good! They removed 2 nodes and anticipate good results.

The next big step will be chemo, once I heal a little from the surgery. I see a plastic surgeon on the 29th and then the oncologist again on the 5th of November. I will also see the surgeon next week to have the drains removed. I'm also waiting for a PET scan to be done. They are supposed to have that scheduled by the end of the week. This scan will check my entire body for the presence of cancer. Again, I'm trusting God for good results but will feel better once it's done!

I've jokingly said the surgery was a "big load off my chest", but there's a lot of truth in those humorous words! I'm so glad to know the cancer has been removed. Once I knew it was there, I just wanted it OUT! I feel like my chest has been run over by a truck and I'm more aware than ever before how often I use chest muscles! However, I'm feeling a little stronger every day! Today I walked with Art down to the mailboxes and back. That was a big accomplishment. Each day is a beautiful day, full of God's goodness! I'm thankful for a sense of humor to help me look on the brighter side of life!

Thank you for your prayers and warm words of encouragement. I wish I felt strong enough to respond to each of you individually but please know how much you are loved and appreciated!

5 comments:

Karen said...

Susie,
You're my HERO!
I love you,
Karen

Colette said...

You are one heck of a woman Susie...You have jumped over some hurdles and this recent one was a pretty big one.I'll keep praying that only small hurdles will be on the track from now on.Get well and feel swell.
Love and Hugs.

Theresa said...

More than a woman...I keep singing that song every time I read more. You are amazing Susie. I'm so glad you made it through and that God is on our side.

We love you! xoxoxo and prayers :)

Beth said...

Susie,
You are amazing! God will heal your body baby steps at a time. It is so awesome to think how great out God is. He put his healing hands on your body while you were "asleep" to remove all the cancer. We love you and pray for you everyday.

Hugs,

Beth

Sherry said...

Mom you are doing great! I don't think that I know any one that could handle things as well as you have and are now! I love you!