Friday, October 26, 2007

Laughter...Good Medicine!

I wanted a picture with the girls. Then Stacey says, okay now a funny one, she and I goofed off while Sherry said she would just concentrate on standing. For those who don't know, Sherry has been in a wheelchair for about 3 years and standing is a chore right now!

My girls have been such a blessing! The day after I found out about the breast cancer, they went out and bought these little silver bracelets with a pink ribbon around a cross. They said, "mom, we are BREAST friends, forever!!" How sweet is that?
The day of my surgery, they presented me with a Prayer Journal, filled with prayers and words of encouragement from friends and family! I sat there in the pre-op, reading the journal and crying! I was so touched by the precious words of love that filled that book, as well as the love my girls showed me by their thoughtfulness! As always, they know how to touch their mom's heart!
Well, as usual, the girls and I are clowning around and having fun together! You have to be able to laugh in the midst of these kind of circumstances! I'm sure, not everyone enjoys our humor, or even understands it. I am determined not to let this "get me down". Sure, I'm sad about the situation and I've cried plenty of tears...I'm sure there will be more to come, too! However, I'm choosing joy today! After surgery, when Art and the girls came in to see me, I remember trying to look under the gown to see the incisions. I lifted my gown and said..."now you see 'em, now you don't!" Later, Stacey asked me if I remembered saying that and I smiled and said "yes". She said she wasn't sure if it was really me or just the drugs! I guess I should have blamed it on the drugs!

4 comments:

Beth said...

You girls look like the 3 Muskateers. Susie, you ar BLESSED to have the 2 BREAST friends a mom could ever ask for. You have done a great job growing up two beautiful, Godly daughters.

Karen said...

You're a NUT:)

Sherry said...

That was to funny! Doing magic tricks right after surgery. You are great. I am so glad that you are doing good! Love you!!

Stacey said...

You are too silly! Do you remember me telling you that you're a real Sue-dini ;o)