Sunday, October 28, 2007

Perspective

The other day, Stacey had stopped by with her boys, my three adorable grandsons! As we were visiting, she was nursing Little J, who is almost 5 months old now. Stacey asked me, "does this bother you?" I'm sure I had a confused look on my face as I said, "does what bother me?" She said, "me nursing Little J, you know, with my breast!" This really caught me off guard and my first response (in my head) was "that's the best thing to use for nursing" but of course, I sensed a sincerity in Stacey's voice and knew this was a time to be serious. I assured her that it didn't bother me in the least. Honestly, the thought had never even entered my mind! We laughed as I asked, "did you really think I would be upset because you have breasts and I don't?" She was just trying to be sensitive to me, I know, and I thought that was so sweet!

Seeing a mother nursing her child is a beautiful thing...when that mother and child are my daughter and grandchild, it's even more beautiful! I am thankful that it's me with breast cancer and not her! Obviously, she needs her breasts more than I needed mine! God in His perfect wisdom, knows exactly what He is doing!

Here is our sweet Little J, ready for a day at the park! Isn't he adorable?

2 comments:

Sherry said...

That's sweet that she was being so thoughtful.
I was looking at Jacob today and thought can't we just pause him for a while and enjoy that sweet little guy!
As I see Seth out of the corner of my eye climbing on something that he shouldn't have been on. You gotta love them all!
Too cute!!
Love the shades:)

Stacey said...

I was seriously concerned and just wanted to make sure you were okay. You know how I often just think too much about that kind of stuff... sorry!

I'm glad you're really okay with it though cause I think we're going to keep doing it for a while :o)