Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Incredible Peace

Last Thursday, as I lay waiting in the pre-op for my surgery time, I was so calm! I have to admit, even I was amazed at how completely peaceful I felt. I've had my share of surgeries in the past and I always hate the waiting time before surgery as my heart races and I feel anxious for what is about to take place. This time it was so different!! Several people who stopped by to see me, even some of the nursing staff, asked if I had already been given medication to relax me. Nope! I was calm and at peace because of the presence of God in my life. I felt His peace and comfort like never before. I didn't know what the outcome of surgery would be...but I did know that God was in control of the situation.

I know that so many people were praying for me that morning!! God showed up in a BIG way! My spirits were uplifted and my body was calm! I remember thinking of the words of a song a dear friend had given me right after the diagnosis. I prayed, as I lay there, God, I'm climbing into your lap and I want to stay there...Jesus, sing over me! What an awesome thought that was as I pictured myself in the lap of Jesus, surround by His arms of love and Him singing over me. Whew! Even now, it brings tears to my eyes! (The song is by Mercy Me, "Keep Singing".)

The peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. ~Philippians 4:7

3 comments:

Theresa said...

Susie, you are so brave and an inspiration to all. I know you are on your way to a speedy recovery.

Thank God for technology so we can be right there with you every step of the way even though we're so far away physically.

- John

Sherry said...

That is such a great song. And it is so true. That is all you can do in the hard times is climb up in his lap. It reminds me of when I was little and I would sit in your lap and we would rock in the rocking chair that is what I picture it like! Love you!!

Beth said...

Susie,
I pictured you in His lap with His arms around you right after you told us, and I knew you had to have that song. Keep singing like no one but God is listening.