Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Never So Loved

A few days ago, I was reading Chicken Soup for the Breast Cancer Survivor's Soul, a recent gift from my friend, Colette. One comment really stuck with me...You'll never feel so loved! That comment is so very true! In the past few weeks, I have received so much love and support from my family and friends!!

Love has come in many different forms and each and every expression has been very heartwarming:


  • prayers
  • cards, letters, emails, e-cards, text messages, phone calls
  • visits & lots of hugs
  • prayer journal
  • music
  • pink bracelets, pins
  • flowers
  • coloring pages from children
  • delicious meals
  • chai tea lattes & Starbucks gift card for more!
  • books, movies, & popcorn
  • singing bear (you've got to see & hear it)
  • slippers, pj's & a blanket
  • breast cancer awareness bear with little pink ribbons
  • pink M&M's, pink mints, pink chocolates, pink cookies, pink tic tacs
  • pink ribbons on everything!!

My friend, Beth, has made me a couple of cd's to listen to with encouraging praise music, too. This past weekend was our church picnic but I wasn't able to attend. I had 3 friends, Melissa, Samantha & Carol, show up at the door with huge smiles and they said, "since you couldn't come to the picnic, we brought the picnic to you!" Can you believe it? One family who has recently been through this battle, insisted on letting us use their recliner for me to sleep in...what a huge blessing this has been!

Thank you, friends and family for loving me through this storm and allowing me to feel loved like never before!!!





4 comments:

Beth said...

Thanks for allowinf all of us to shower you with love, yu deserve every ounce of it.

KEEP SINGING,

Beth

Stacey said...

We wouldn't have it any other way! We love you so much and just want you to be encouraged by these gifts!!

Colette said...

Theres a miracle called friendship
That dwells within the heart,
And you don't know how it happens
Or how it gets it start...
But the happiness it brings you
Always gives a special lift,
And you realize that friendship
Is God's most precious gift.

You too have poured love into my life over the years and I am so grateful for that.Love you Susie!!

Sherry said...

I am so glad that you feel so loved at this tough time. I love you so much!