Sunday, October 28, 2007

Waiting...

Can I just say, I don't like to wait! The hardest part about this situation is the waiting. Once I found out I had breast cancer, I wanted it out NOW! Of course, I had to wait for all the necessary steps to take place first. Then, waiting for results. Now, I know I need more surgery and I want it done NOW! Again, I have to wait for the necessary process. Then, there's the waiting for the treatment and healing! I was just telling my hubby yesterday that I don't like waiting!!

I want to get on with living! I still have so much I want to do as a wife, mom, grandma, daughter, sister, friend, realtor, etc. Waiting isn't easy! I feel like my life has been put on hold but the funny thing is that life continues swirling around me. Even though my life seems to be temporarily on pause, everyone around me is busy moving on.

So, this morning I open my Bible to read and spend some time with God and what do I read? Let me just tell you, God knows exactly where I am and how I feel today.

Here is what I read...

Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness. I say to myself, the Lord is my portion; therefore I WILL WAIT FOR HIM! The Lord is good to those whose hope is in Him, to the one who seeks Him. ~Lamentations 3:22-25

4 comments:

Mark said...

God is so awesome at speaking to us through his word right where we are, just what we need to hear.
I continue to pray for you.

Sherry said...

Mom I can't imagine! I am praying for you that it will go by fast and that you can do more of the things you enjoy! I love ya!!

OneHappyfamily said...

Sound like you need to just slow yourself down a bit, and take time for YOU. Hey, I heard about a book you may be interested in called "When God and Cancer Meet." It looked really good, check it out.

http://www.amazon.com/When-God-Cancer-Meet-Lynn/dp/0842370153

Stacey said...

It's amazing how He places us right where He wants us and we can rest in Him! I know the waiting is tough but there's a reason and someday we'll know exactly what that is!!