Thursday, October 18, 2007

Calm My Anxious Heart

I will be leaving for the hospital this morning and checking in around 10 a.m. At 11:30 a.m., they will do a biopsy of my lymph nodes to determine if the cancer has spread. So far, the indications are good that it is contained in my breast tissue. The surgery will follow at 4:30 p.m. Please pray that the results of the biopsy will show no evidence of cancer cells in the lymph nodes.

I know I will be feeling anxious as the time approaches for surgery. I remember a Bible study I did a few years back with a group of women from my church, titled "Calm My Anxious Heart". That will be my prayer today. Please pray for my family, as well, I know this is so difficult for them and the waiting 2 1/2 hours while I'm in surgery won't be easy! At least that's what they tell me. They'll probably be down at the cafeteria eating dinner and playing cards. Maybe I should send in a spy to report the real story. Seriously, I value your prayers for me and my family during these anxious moments!

I'm taking God at His word...

Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you. ~I Peter 5:7

5 comments:

Beth said...

Susie,
Before my feet even touched the floor this morning, I said prayers for you, the doctors that will touch your body and for Art, Stacey and Sherry. Our Heavenly Father is "The Great Healer" and I have Faith in Him that He will give you a complete healing. I will think of you all day long as my heart will be anxious right along with you. We're in this together! All my love Susie,

Beth

Beth said...

Susie,
Before my feet even touched the floor this morning, I said prayers for you, the doctors that will touch your body and for Art, Stacey and Sherry. Our Heavenly Father is "The Great Healer" and I have Faith in Him that He will give you a complete healing. I will think of you all day long as my heart will be anxious right along with you. We're in this together! All my love Susie,

Beth

Beth said...

I have no idea how my post ended up in there twice! I guess that means I will pray twice as hard. Love you Susie.

Beth

connie golden said...

Our prayers are with you today.

Cindy Fox Moore said...

Susie,
You and your family will be the subject of many prayers today. As Beth said, our hearts will be anxious right along with you. Love you Susie...