Friday, October 12, 2007

Life Changing Experience

It's amazing how life can change in a moment, through one event, or in a few short words, without warning, and sometimes without our permission.

  • At age 9, when I accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior, I experienced life change.
  • At 18, when I gave me heart to my husband, Art (now of 28 years), I experienced wonderful life change.
  • At 18 when I was told I would never give birth to a child, my heart was crushed and my life was changed.
  • At 19 when I gave birth to my first daughter, Stacey, I experienced a miracle and my life was changed.
  • At 21 when I gave birth to my second daughter, Sherry, my second miracle and my life was changed, again.
  • When I was 21, I had a hysterectomy for medical reasons and again, my life was changed.
  • When I was 39, my oldest daughter was married and I was blessed with an incredible son-in-law, my life was changed.
  • In 2001, I became a grandma and oh, how wonderfully Josh has changed my life!
  • In 2002, I became a "career" woman and my life changed drastically!
  • In 2004, I was blessed with my second grandson, Seth, and has he ever changed my life!
  • In 2004, Sherry became seriously ill and disabled. My life was changed forever!
  • In 2007, my third grandson, Jacob, was born and what a blessed life change, again!
  • In October of 2007, I have been diagnosed with breast cancer and my life is changing before my eyes!

This I know, my life will never be the same again. However, the God of the universe, who determines each of these defining moments in my life, is still on the throne! He does not sleep or slumber! He has allowed this life changing experience and He will walk this journey with me, giving me strength for each day. I'm so thankful for my wonderful family and precious friends that God has placed on this journey of life with me!

What life changing experience are you facing?

Please remember...

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit! ~Romans 15:13

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Those were some great life changing experiences! I'm glad to see I made the list :o)

I'm praying for you Mom! I don't know much else I can do for you at this point. I know you're going to get through this... you're such a fighter! I love you more than you can imagine!!

Sherry said...

Mom I wish I could say that I know how you feel. And that would be some comfort to you. But I can't all I can say is that I love you and that I know it isn't easy and at times it will be hard. But I will always be right there beside you to love on you and help how ever I can. I love ya!!

Unknown said...

Susie,
In the days ahead, I pray another life change will take place. . .cancer free and blessed! You have always been blessed and always been a blessing no matter what you seem to face. You are a warrior, but don't forget that you are also a child of the King. I know you used to love Twila Paris. . .don't forget, "The Warrior is a Child". It's okay to run to Him, cry to Him, curl up in His arms, and focus on Susie for a while. Rest in His love and His comfort. . .even soldiers need a quiet place to rest! Don't worry about fighting for others, but focus on taking care of yourself. Consider yourself on leave from your tour of duty. You'll be resuming your responsibilities far too quickly, I'm sure. In the meantime, focus on Susie and all the other life changing moments that lie ahead. . .time with those two beautiful daughters and those three sweet grandsons! As always. . .I thank my God on every remembrance of you! . . .You're in my thoughts and prayers! I love you!
Kelli